What is it?
A mutual fund is an investment that allows individuals with similar financial goals to pool their money with many other investors. The mutual fund’s professional money managers invest that money in many different types of securities that meet the objectives of the fund. Mutual funds are subject to investment risk including the possible loss of principal invested.
How does it help me?
Mutual funds can be used for a number of different purposes:
Saving for Retirement
- Set up an IRA
- Rollover your 401(k)
Saving for College
- Tax Advantaged 529 College Savings Plans
- Save for a house or other large purchase
- Emergency or Rainy Day Fund
What do I get?
Mutual Funds offer:
- Simplicity – Mutual funds are easy to invest in.
- Affordability – Investors can invest as little as $50 per month in some cases. Initial investments can start as low as $250.
- Professional management – As a mutual fund shareholder, your investment is professionally and actively managed.
- Diversification – Because mutual funds invest in a number of different securities, your investment is diversified and is generally less volatile than an individual stock portfolio.
- Liquidity – Investors in mutual funds can generally sell their shares at anytime for the current net asset value. (Redemption fees or penalties may apply to certain liquidations and/or share classes.)
Talk to your Farmers Insurance and Financial Services agent about the features and benefits of mutual funds. Your agent can answer your questions and help you to decide if this type of investment makes sense for you.
* Purchasers should consider the objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the mutual funds before investing. Contact a Farmers Insurance and Financial Services Agent for a prospectus that contains this and other important information; read it carefully before purchasing. Past performance of any investment does not guarantee future results; investment returns will fluctuate so such shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original amount invested.
Start your application online to learn more about the benefits of becoming an agency owner.